Scott K. Forbes, Resume
1472 W Cool Dr. Tucson, AZ 85704
- Retail professional with demonstrated success in sales and customer service.
- Professional salesperson with the ability to connect with customers and provide knowledgeable guidance in the buying process.
- Experienced customer service professional with the ability to effectively handle difficult situations.
- Direct experience assessing the value of automobiles, RVs, and Trailers as an Insurance Claims Adjuster.
- Extensive experience with POS systems.
- Experienced event planner and promoter.
LYFT DRIVER • Ride Sharing Business Owner • 2019-Present
- Utilize the Lyft app to provide ride services to customers.
Columbia Theatre • Marketing and Promotions • Longview, WA • 2018-2019
- Part-time and seasonal. Distribute flyers to 300 regional locations.
- Promote shows and the Theatre.
- Develop new marketing materials such as coasters, flyers, and slogans.
- Provide support during the show for staff and sponsors.
Lancer Insurance • Property Damage Claims Adjuster • Vancouver, WA • 2016
Temporary position to review vehicle estimates and settle total losses. Worked with CCC One and Mitchell truck estimating system. Heavy equipment trucks and limos and busses.
Hop n Grape • Retail Sales Professional • Longview, WA • 2015-2016
Customer service sales homebrewing expert. Advised on brewing recipes and sold equipment and helped customers to make their perfect beer. Stocked and merchandised over 1500 types of beers from US and Europe, beer keg sales and keg co2 set up.
Forbes Appraisal Service • Independent Insurance Adjuster • Silverlake, WA • 2014-2015
Worked for over 100 Insurance companies and traveled to all areas in the state of Washington to inspect damage vehicles complete reports and obtain agreed prices with repair shops.
HIGHLANDER CYCLING IMPORTS • Owner / Manager • Longview, WA • 2009-2014
- Owned and managed a very successful bicycle shop retail store in Longview, WA providing value to employees and the community.
- Worked all areas of the store including sales, repair, inventory, merchandising, service.
- Managed an average of four full and part-time employees. Doubled sales each year in business.
- Nominated for Business of the Year 2011; won Rising Star Small Business Award 2011.
- Coordinated, promoted and presented several professional bicycle races to bring awareness of cycling and it resulted in increased sales and new customers. Bicycle race events included: Longview Grand Prix 2010-2012; Downtown twilight bicycle races.
- Worked closely with state and city officials to approve race routes and promote events.
Nationwide /Allied Insurance Company • Master Claims Adjuster • Portland, OR• 2002-2008
- Master Claims Adjuster in the total loss unit for automobiles, boats, motorcycles and snowmobiles.
- Make same-day contact with all customers and delivered superior customer interaction and service throughout the claims process.
- Extend settlement offers and process title and loan documents; issue payments to insured, claimants and lien holders in a timely manner. Intake 25 – 40 new claims per week.
- Evaluate vehicles for actual cash value. Confirm or complete condition rating on vehicles and writing damage estimates for property using CCC and ADP estimating and evaluation software.
- Review other estimates to determine estimate accuracy and confirm total loss status.
- Investigate claims for liability and issue all payments.
- Prior to moving to the total loss unit: Investigated and completed theft and fire including recorded interviews.
- Inspected, estimated and processed homeowner claims.
Dr Bicycles • Owner / Manager • Arizona • 1995-2002
- Owned and managed two successful bicycle shops in Kingman and Tucson, Arizona providing value to employees and the community.
- Managed an average of nine full and part-time employees with annual sales of up to $500,000.
- Coordinated, promoted and presented several bicycle races resulting in increased sales and new customers.
Worked closely with state and city officials to approve race routes and promote events.
- Bicycle race events included: The Slaughter House Canyon Challenge, 1994 – 1998; The Hualapai Stage Race, 1997 & 1998; Topock to Kingman Road Race, 1998.
Frontier Adjusters • Adjuster • Kingman, AZ • 1989-1995
- Material and property damage insurance claims adjuster with clientele of several insurance companies.
- Received and contacted insured or claimant to locate and schedule inspection of damaged property to company’s guidelines.
- Handled total loss claims including assessing cash value.
- Inspected auto and property damage and wrote detailed repair estimates including RVs; Determined old and new damage and overall condition of property.
- Investigated, estimated and processed homeowner claims including working with contractors to determine cause of loss.
- Reported claim information to insurance companies in a timely manner.
- Worked with auto body shops and salvage yards to secure pricing for repair or disposal of property.
- Obtained claimant statements and police or fire reports as necessary to accurately process claims.
- Additionally, processed claims for damaged freight and performed mechanical inspections for extended auto warranty companies. Used exemplary customer service skills always.
BS, University of Arizona, 1990
U.S. Olympic Training Center, Colorado Springs, CO, 1995; Certificate: USCF Mechanics
Vale National, Fresno, 1989 – 1990; Certificates: Auto Estimatics, Unistucture Realignment Appraisal Program, Mobile Home & Boat Estimatics, (Insurance and auto body Industry)
Pima College, Tucson, AZ, 1984; Certificates: Auto Technology including Trans, Diesel Engines, Welding, ARC, MIG, TIG